I recently heard someone goad another person when they disagreed on the subject of Moral Fitness saying “You think you are so much better than me.” To which the other person replied “No, I really don’t think I’m better than you, I do believe however, I am more consistent than you.”
What did he mean by that? I took it to mean that he thought because he had a proven standard of conduct he tried to live up to, perhaps his life was clearly defined and therefore could be more consistent. This person did have a moral compass to guide his life, and it clearly is noticed by those who come into contact with him.
Morality is the frame that displays the beautiful picture that used to be the American dream, both individually and collectively as a nation. When the frame is destroyed, a country can no longer exist. Like the fall of the Roman Empire, America has gone down the road of moral decay in six different areas that need to be reckoned with before it can rebuild its strength.
The decline of Rome was the result of:
1. Decline in morals and values—crimes and violence made the streets of the cities unsafe. Lavish parties were given where people drank until they became sick, sex and murder (Colosseum Games) ran ramped.
2. Political Corruption—central Government expanded so much it became top heavy, causing the wealth of the nation to dry up from heavy taxation.
3. Unemployment of the working class—using slave labor instead of citizens to do the work, the number of unemployed grew, and they depended on government to feed them.
4. Failing Economy—the constant wars and heavy spending on military left its mark, and the amount of gold used to make coins declined, making money less valuable (inflation).
5. Disintegration of the family—bachelors were more highly regarded than fathers and fewer children were born.
6. Rome stopped protecting its boarders leaving the city open to attack, and unable to maintain trade cities, they could not receive goods from farms causing businesses to disappear.
Did you know this month, December 2014, America lost its place as the world’s most powerful economy? China has exceeded our position as the world’s largest economy. How far down the road of decay will we go before we end up like Rome?