For us humans, beliefs are the most powerful force in the universe. Here’s the thing, beliefs are just thoughts, however . . . beliefs are vividly real. Even though they are merely thoughts they govern our lives and can be used in powerful ways. The fact is, just knowing your beliefs will give you the power to examine them and change those that are not working in your best interest.
With that, let me give you five of the core beliefs of GRIEF RECOVERY.
- Since you are fully human you have been put on this earth for a purpose. When you are living that purpose, you will experience joy and satisfaction. Somewhere along the way, things will change and you likely will experience a major loss, be it a death of an individual, job, or some other important piece of your life as you know it. As a result, you will experience grief, which is a normal and natural result of that loss.
- Grievers aren’t broken. There is nothing wrong with you. You have a broken heart not a broken brain. “All efforts to heal a broken heart with the head fail because it is the wrong tool for the job”. (The Grief recovery Handbook) So, recovery is brought about by you claiming your circumstances rather than having them claim you. It means boldly finding a different or perhaps a new meaning for living and renewing your JOY in that effort.
- If what you have been trying isn’t working . . . Examine old habits, behaviors and beliefs that aren’t serving you. Then simply challenge your old belief system and behaviors and see what might happen. You may be surprised that the Grief Recovery Method can challenge those old beliefs and renew your spirit.
- Your personality and behaviors are constructs. Your personality is constructed out of the beliefs you have about yourself. Most beliefs are firstly installed by our parents, then influenced by society and cultural conditioning. . . mostly outside your awareness. So, that which was constructed can be examined and rebuilt and even upgraded, which means you have the power to become a new and transformed person.
- You have the power to recover from any loss. Grief Recovery is an action program at The Grief & Wellness Group. We can guide you through the action steps you need to regain a sense of well-being
Give the Grief and Wellness Group a call today and let us explain how this process can renew your hope and joy.
Our number is 520-668-5906. We look forward to talking with you and helping you through the hard times. Make the call today.
Certified Grief Recovery Specialist
Bob has over 20 years of experience as an educator and administrator. As a Grief Recovery Specialist and a Veteran, he delights in helping individuals move beyond the pain of loss.